DJ headphones are unique when compared to other headphones such the studio and normal headphones. DJ headphones are extremely sound proof. Unlike a music producer or a common music listener, the DJ does not need to listen to music. He /she needs to listen to it before playing it to the crowd. In addition, they need to be comfortable and easily adjustable. Some of them have a sound cancellation feature.
Why do DJ headphones rotate?
One aspect that stands out when it comes to DJ headsets is the fact that they are comfortable. In most instances, the comfort can be attributed to its lightweight. In addition, some of the headphones have swiveling cups.
The headphones need to be comfortable. The rotating cup enhances comfort to the wearer. They can be adjusted to increase comfort and reduce leakage
Comfort is a major aspect that should not be neglected. DJs will wear headphones for longer hours. It automatically means that one should invest in a comfortable pair of headsets. Rotating headphones are very comfortable. Headsets with larger cups are ideal when selecting circumaural and closed-back headphones. For those that love headphones that rest on the ear, a smaller cup is better. Also, having a leather or fabric padding tends to ease the pressure.
Weight has a direct correlation with comfort. In most instances, lighter headphones tend to be comfortable. The super light, portable headlines with a foam pad are recommended for longer listening periods.
The design of the headphones will influence the comfort. Headphones come in various designs such as the behind neck and over the head style. All designs are adjustable.
Another comfort enhancing feature is the rotating cup. This is a common feature for over the ear headsets. They can be easily adjusted over the head in the bid to increase comfort.
The benefits of the rotating headphones
- They have swiveling ear cups designs that allow one to cue miss and monitor house audio with ease.
- The closed-cup design, especially for around the ear design is aimed at maximizing noise rejection enabling one to concentrate on the beat.
- The user experiences comfortable single-ear listening
- It has excellent sound. It gives the music a punchier bass.
- Also, it blocks external noise.
- It enables the DJ to listen to external noise such as music requests from the revelers.
- The cups can be easily adjusted without removing the headphones completely.
- They are comfortable and easy to wear.
- They are a fancy DJ accessory to own. It is a trademark used by some DJs.
It is not a common feature to see DJs wearing rotating headphones. There is something fancy associated with such headsets. Besides being fancy, they have a myriad of benefits. For instance, the DJ does not have to remove the headphones completely. They can uncover one ear, listen to crazy requests from the crowd and still listen to the beats of the incoming song. One of the benefits of rotating headphones is that they are easily adjustable. They can be easily adjusted to suit any positions preferred by the wearer. At the end of the day, the DJ is looking for a comfortable and durable set of headphones that will make his/her work easy and enjoyable. Headsets with rotating cups fit that bill.